Gap fills exercise 2

Image result for images of tertiary students

Gap fills exercise

 This grammar exercise tests your understanding of basic grammar rules.

1. The government should take immediate action, ………………… the problem of child labor should grow worse.
a) for
b) lest
2. I would like to spend …………………. working.
a) less my time
b) less of my time
c) Either could be used here
3. I was …………………. impressed by his behavior.
a) not the least
b) not in the least
c) Either could be used here
4. She does not mind working late ………………..
a) the least
b) in the least
5. ………………….. holidays are often the most interesting.
a) The least expensive
b) Least expensive
6. It is time you ………………….. to behave.
a) learn
b) learnt
7. ……………………. have been pretty hectic for me.
a) The last days
b) The last few days
c) Either could be used here
8. This is the last letter you …………………. from me.
a) get
b) will get
9. I will see you …………………….
a) in a few days
b) a few days later
10. ‘You’re late.’ ‘I ……………….’
a) know
b) know it

Answers

1. The government should take immediate action, lest the problem of child labor should grow worse.
2. I would like to spend less of my time working.
3. I was not in the least impressed by his behavior.
4. She does not mind working late in the least.
5. The least expensive holidays are often the most interesting.
6. It is time you learnt to behave.
7. The last few days have been pretty hectic for me.
8. This is the last letter you get/will get from me.
9. I will see you in a few days.
10. ‘You’re late.’ ‘I know.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger