General grammar exercise

Image result for images of tertiary students

General grammar exercise

Each sentence given below contains a blank space. From the given alternatives choose the one that will correctly complete the sentence.
1. My windows look ……………… the garden.
up on
out on
in
at
2. I have prepared a rough ………………. of the report.
drapht
draught
drought
draft
3. The reward was not commensurate ………………. the work done by us.
for
on
with
upon
4. I don’t care ………………… the expense; I want the party to be a real success.
of
with
about
at
5. Vinay does not play cricket, and …………….. does Yeshwant.
so
also
either
neither
6. I know you don’t like me. I don’t like you …………………
too
neither
either
also
7. Neither did she come ………………..
she didn’t write
nor she wrote
nor did she write
nor did she wrote
8. Smoking is injurious to health, …………………. you smell bad.
as well as it makes
it makes
as well as making
as well as it is making
9. On the stand there were newspapers and magazines of ……………….. kind.
all
every
any
whole
10. If the teacher was to walk in now, we ……………… in real trouble.
will be
would be
would have been
are

Answers

1. My windows look out on the garden.
2. I have prepared a rough draft of the report.
3. The reward was not commensurate with the work done by us.
4. I don’t care about the expense; I want the party to be a real success.
5. Vinay does not play cricket, and neither does Yeshwant.
6. I know you don’t like me. I don’t like you either.
7. Neither did she come nor did she write.
8. Smoking is injurious to health, as well as making you smell bad.
9. On the stand there were newspapers and magazines of everykind.
10. If the teacher was to walk in now, we would be in real trouble.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger