Grammar exercise – is, am, are, was, were

Image result for images of tertiary students

Grammar exercise – is, am, are, was, were

Complete the following sentences using is, am, are, was or were.
1. What …………… you doing at 7’O clock in the morning?
are
were
am
was
2. I ……………….. sleeping when the telephone rang.
am
was
were
is
3. When you phoned  I …………… working in the garden.
was
am
were
are
4. When I got up this morning the sun ………….. shining.
was
is
were
are
5. ‘Have you finished that report?’ ‘I ………………. working on it.’
am
was
are
were
6. I ……………….. painting all day yesterday.
am
was
are
were
7. The children ……………….. playing video games.
are
were
was
is
8. She …………………. working in the garden.
is
am
are
were
9. The teacher ……………. evaluating the answer sheets.
was
is
am
are
10. You can’t go out now. It …………….. raining cats and dogs.
is
was
are
were

Answers

1. What were you doing at 7’O clock in the morning?
2. I was sleeping when the telephone rang.
3. When you phoned I was working in the garden.
4. When I got up this morning the sun was shining.
5. ‘Have you finished that report?’ ‘I am working on it.’
6. I was painting all day yesterday.
7. The children are playing video games.
8. She is working in the garden.
9. The teacher is evaluating the answer sheets.
10. You can’t go out now. It is raining cats and dogs.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger