Nouns exercise 1


Image result for images of tertiary students

Nouns exercise 1


Correct the following sentences.
1. Where are your luggages?
2. I would like to paint the sceneries.
3. She gave me an advice.
4. He has eaten two breads.
5. I have an important work to do.
6. A lightning struck the building.
7. The lightning was followed by a deafening thunder.
8. I heard a news.
9. We need to buy some furnitures.
10. Have you got an equipment to fix this?
Answers
1. Where is your luggage?
2. I would like to paint the scenery.
3. She gave me a piece of advice. OR She gave me some advice.
4. He has eaten two pieces of bread. OR He has eaten two loaves of bread.
5. I have some important work to do. OR I have an important piece of work to do.
6. A flash of lightning struck the building.
7. The lightning was followed by a deafening clap of thunder.
8. I heard a piece of news.
9. We need to buy some furniture.
10. Have you got some equipment to fix this? OR Have you got a tool to fix this?
Notes
The words news, furniture, scenery, advice, information etc., are uncountable in English. We cannot use numbers or the articles a/anwith uncountable nouns. Also note that most uncountable nouns are singular with no plural forms.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger