Sentence analysis: exercise

Royalty Free Stock Photos: Teenage Students Studying In Classroom

Sentence analysis: exercise

Split each of the following sentences into two.
1. He is a writer whose works are widely known.
2. Bring me the file which is on the table.
3. People who live in glass houses must not throw stones.
4. Napoleon, whom the French admire, died at St. Helena.
5. John, who is my cousin, works abroad.
6. The boy who fell off the ladder has hurt his leg.
7. Where is the box that I left here yesterday.
8. The woman, who you were talking to, is my boss.
9. Winston Churchill, the great politician and statesman, was also a great writer.
10. Mark Twain, who wrote ‘ The Adventures of Tom Sawyer’, is my favorite writer.
Answers
1. He is a writer. His works are widely known.
2. Bring me the file. The file is on the table.
3. Some people live in glass houses. They must not throw stones.
4. Napoleon died at St. Helena. The French admire him.
5. John works hard. He is my cousin.
6. The boy fell off the ladder. He has hurt his leg.
7. I left a box here yesterday. Where is it?
8. You were talking about a woman. She is my boss.
9. Winston Churchill was a great politician and statesman. He was also a great writer.
10. Mark Twain is my favorite writer. He wrote ‘The Adventures of Tom Sawyer’.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger