Sentence synthesis exercise

Image result for images of tertiary students

Sentence synthesis exercise

Combine the following sentences using an appropriate conjunction.
1. He is snobbish. I like him.
2. My mother attended the wedding. My father attended the wedding.
3. He has walked five miles. It is possible that he is tired.
4. I went to the shop. I bought a watch.
5. You must be quiet. You must leave the room.
6. The prisoner fell down on his knees. He begged for mercy.
7. I left home early. I could not get to work on time.
8. Azim works hard. Kabir works harder.
9. You must start at once. You will be late.
10. You are not interested in this offer. I know it.

Answers

1. Though he is snobbish, I like him.
2. Both my mother and father attended the wedding. / Both my parents attended the wedding.
3. He has walked five miles, so he must be tired. / He must be tired because he has walked five miles.
4. I went to the shop and bought a watch.
5. You must be quiet or you must leave the room.
6. The prisoner fell down on his knees and begged for mercy.
7. Though / although I left home early, I could not get to work on time.
8. Azim works hard but Kabir works harder. / Kabir works harderthan Azim.
9. You must start at once or you will be late.
10. I know that you are not interested in this offer.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger