Sentence transformation exercise

Image result for images of tertiary students

Sentence transformation exercise

Convert the following complex sentences to compound sentences.
Hint
To convert a complex sentence into a compound sentence, you have to remove all subordinating conjunctions and replace them with coordinating conjunctions. The most common coordinating conjunctions are: and, but, or, nor, yet, for, so
1. When I ask a polite question, I expect a polite reply.
2. He went to work though he was ill.
3. I advise you to make another attempt although you may not succeed.
4. I explained everything in detail so that you may understand.
5. He gave up because there was no point in arguing.
6. As he was not there, we went without him.
7. I know you are hiding something in your left hand.
8. I will come when I am in better health.
9. I would have killed the snake if I had seen it.
10. You may go after you have finished your work.

Answers

1. I ask a polite question and I expect a polite reply.
2. He was ill but he went to work.
3. You may not succeed yet I advise you to make another attempt.
4. You should understand, so I explained everything in detail.
5. There was no point in arguing and hence he gave up.
6. He was not there, so we went without him.
7. You are hiding something in your left hand and I know it.
8. I must be in better health and then I will come.
9. I didn’t see the snake and therefore I didn’t kill it.
10. Finish your work and then you may go.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Don-Rhobett Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2015. Grammar - All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Published by Don-Rhobett
Proudly powered by Blogger